Nevada Family Visa and Immigration
Services | Attorney John Carrico
Naturalization & Citizenship
To apply to become a U.S. Citizen by way of Naturalization you must:
1) have been a lawful permanent resident under the three- or five-year rule;
2) be at least 18 years old;
3) demonstrate five years of "good moral character";
4) pass the government and English examination.
1) The English test can be waived under certain circumstance depending on the age and number of years of legal residence (The 20 year 50 years old or 15 year 55 year old Waivers).
2) Certain crimes do not come under the 5 year good moral character requirement. Certain serious crimes can result in denial of a naturalization petition and possible challenges to permanent resident status regardless of whether the crime was committed more than 5 years past.
3) The Government test has been redrawn and requires a greater detail of knowledge of United States History and Government.
Contact us toll free at: 877-659-3771 for experienced legal assistance in naturalization cases.